Daly Academy- March 2018

I'm always looking for unique projects to try with students while incorporating aspects of real world events. This month, definitely exceeded that. 


3/6- Dr. Seuss Art Craft  (Read Across America) 


I've been on the look out for a good Dr. Seuss craft that isn't too "young" as many of the kids at Daly are older boys. I saw a picture of a painting Truffula tree from the Lorax and almost immediately after I saw an article about a woman who paints with her feet. I put them together, and I got a fun sensory activity the students LOVED. Some of the older kids weren't as interested so they painted with their hands. 
3/13- St. Patrick's Day Celtic Knot
NOT my original idea but I saw this celtic knots on TPT and I thought my students would be up for the challenge and they totally were!
For my younger students, we did a simple rainbow/stripe on white paper and a cutout of a shamrock to mirror.

Click here for the TPT celtic knot

Comments