Sunnyside Elementary- March 2018

I was only at Sunnyside Elementary once during March, but I made it a huge day. 
I also saw a 3rd grade teacher who told me she was grateful we did Powerpoints in February because in her class they were creating Powerpoints and Prezi's and they were able to use the previous experience of creating one with me. 

3/9- 1st Grade: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball Art
I remembered doing an art project similar to this in elementary school on Kidpix, so I thought I would try to recreate it. I read students the book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and talked with students about what it would be like in a place where it was raining food. The assignment was to have students draw themselves into the world of Chewandswallow, the setting in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and they had a BLAST. 




3/9- After School Program- Virtual Skype Fieldtrip: YellowStone National Park 
My after school kids were super excited to come and talk to a real person live over Skype. They definitely thought I was joking at it was a recording of someone, not a live person. Ranger Ellen had me call her right away and talked with students the full hour about Yellowstone's geography and about nature. Students got to come up and ask her all the questions they had. 


Comments